CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Let it snow!



I love snowflakes! I mean LOVE them. I think they are incredibly beautiful and fascinating. One of God's spectacular creations.






A bouquet of snowflakes would make a beautiful gift. As beautiful as any flowers, to me.

I mean look at them. How could one not be amazed and thrilled at the beauty He created in the snowflake? And think, no two are exactly alike. No two in the countless number that fall to the earth in just one snowstorm. The scientists say that is true because of all the factors that go into making just one snowflake such as temperature, humidity, wind, where they form in the cloud, etc. How awesome is it that He created the complex conditions to make each beautiful snowflake unique?

How awesome is it that He created each one of us to be as unique and beautiful in His eyes? He has an endless imagination, doesn't He? :)

I not only love snowflakes themselves. I just love snow! I always have. I can remember always wanting it to snow on my birthday when I was growing up. Snow is so much fun! There are so many things that a person can do in the snow. There's skiing, downhill or cross-country, there's snowball fights, snow angels, snowman building, sledding. The possibilities are endless! :) I love getting all bundled up in scarves and gloves, coats and hats, and boots to go out and play in the snow. I love coming back inside and drinking warm cocoa or coffee. Snowy days are my favorite!

The snowy days are rare here in Texas. Maybe one a year. I miss the snow!

I say "let it snow'"! And the next time it does snow, pause for a moment and enjoy the beauty God gave us in the snowflake. :)

7 comments:

GramCrackers said...

What beautiful snowflake pictures! Oh, and you forgot to mention: ICE BLOCKING! That's a fun thing to do in the snow! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Too bad we're not in the Pacific Northwest right now, huh? Hey, call me and we'll get together. I don't know your last name so I can't look you up in the roster!

Kathy said...

I love the snowflakes! They are absolutely gorgeous!

But.....You can have alll that snow. Its lovely to look at but please don't require me to get in it. I'm a lizard by nature. Sunshine is my air.

Anonymous said...

What incredible pictures! I loved them! Reminds of being a kid in Chicago a million years ago...I miss tubing and the feeling of numb fingers and toes (and nose) and coming in to a hot mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows! Thanks for the great post.

stephanie said...

ahhh....the pac nw....where i grew up. miss it! mom says it's because i never had to do much driving in the snow. :)

so glad y'all enjoyed the snowflake pics!

Alicia said...

I grew up in the Midwest, and I, too, desperately miss snow. And my mom says the same thing - that it's because I didn't have to drive in it. Last year, missing snow and extra lot at Christmas time, I decided to share my love of snowflakes by making beaded snowflake ornaments for everyone on my list. I found the neatest "Legend of the Snowflake," and I thought you'd like it...

"Long ago a glittering star led the way to a Holy Child. And today it is said that snowflakes are tiny pieces of that very star sent to lead our heart anew to Jesus, the Light of the World."

Feel free to steal my idea!

Teya said...

I love snow, too! The pictures are great!