CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Adventure Begins

They gathered at the airport at 5:45 this morning. The plane was scheduled to leave at 7:50. Day one has begun. This group of 10 people have begun their journey to Haiti. I know that at least two of them have never been on a mission trip before. I wonder what it will be like for them. Will this be the first of many? I hope the experience is a great one for them all.

Their adventure has begun. So has mine. 9 days alone with 4 kids. Some people think that is no big deal. Some people have done this many times themselves. Well, it is a big deal for this little family. I have never been on my own with them like this before. Of course, Gram is still around to lend a helping hand if needed but, I am on my own in a way that I have never had to be before. I must admit that it is a little overwhelming. I am feeling a little lonely right now.

It is about 1:30 in the afternoon right now and so far we have managed just fine on our own. There is a full schedule for the rest of the day in front of us and I am quite sure that we will get through day one fairly well. The remaining 8 days are a mystery.

I am a little excited that I will have this time to develope the routine and schedule that is severly lacking in our household. I hope that by the time the daddy comes home we will be in the swing of things integrating schooltime, clean-up time, and playtime in our days. I actually started with this plan on Monday and we have faired rather well so far. We still need to figure some things out though, and this will be a good time for the kids and me to do that. We already miss the daddy so very much, though!

So, the adventure has officially begun. I am interested to see what the next 8 days will bring.
Please pray for the group of 10 who are headed to Haiti. Pray that they stay safe and that they are able to accomplish what they are headed there for. It is a very exciting time for them, I am sure!

4 comments:

Tina said...

You are a brave soul! Hope the kids take it easy on you. :) I hope you're able to make it tonight.

Schweers' Mom said...

I prayed for that group this morning. It was just a short year ago when my hubby was off to Haiti. It was a wonderful adventure for him and he was blessed that the lovely people he met there. I will pray for you during this time. I'm usually around if you need anything, ok? Even if it's a listening ear. (Should I tell you about my water heater that died while hubby was gone last year? Maybe later...)

stephanie said...

thanks for the prayers and the offer for help. today did not go very well at all. i hope tomorrow is much better.

stephanie said...

i have the best husband! he sent me flowers today! a message of "good luck" was included.
what a nice guy. :)