CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Monday Blues

What is it about Mondays? Yesterday was Monday and it was just not a very good day. In fact, the last three or four Mondays have just been...well, bad days. I can't figure out why that is. There is nothing particularly special about Mondays at our house. I don't have a Monday thru Friday job so, I am not doing the stereotypical get up and go to work Monday thing. We homeschool so, I don't have to do the get the kids up and ready Monday thing. So, why is it that Mondays have been so extra chaotic and just downright bad days? What is it about Mondays? The husband does go back to work Monday mornings after the weekend off but, it just doesn't seem like that should be a deal breaker for the day to me. Maybe that is what it is but, I am skeptical.
What is it about Mondays? The kids have been extra grouchy, whiny, and uncooperative. And the mom has been extra low on patience. Put these things together and it makes for a bad day for all of us. To top off this particular Monday, ants have decided to invade our master bathroom. Ants. In the bathroom. I HATE ants. Why ants? Why the bathroom?
It's strange because Monday should be a fun and easy day because it is music class with Gram day and mini-church for the mom and dad day. Things that we all enjoy.
I need to come up with a plan to make this day somehow better for all of us.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I am sorry you are having some crummy Mondays! They can be brutal!

Go see this page, I think it sums up your feelings.

www.es-koennte-gut-werden.de/bw2004/bw121.jpg

stephanie said...

funny. :) gave me a little giggle. :) that pretty much sums it up. :)

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

suggestion -
plan a Monday water balloon fight!
When I was in a really tough situation (i.e. kids would come home from their dad's every other weekend) it didn't matter what the season was, how the weather was, all of those didn't matter - it was always just crummy!
So, I planned Waterballoon fights!
I would fill up the sink with waterballons the evening the kids got home from their dad's house. Then I would send them outside in the backyard to have great water fun. Granted we couldn't always do it because of cold. But for some reason it broke the cycle.
Just a suggestion :-)
3 kids all grown and healthy and loving God later - I share ;-)

stephanie said...

that sounds like a whole bunch of fun! and in texas it's hardly ever too cold for a water balloon fight. :)
thanks for the suggestion. they are going to love this. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah mom, i do not like ants. but i am excited about this monday. i am excited that we get to go to miss marile's house today. love you mom, kiddo #1

Teya said...

that anonymous comment was from me. did not have a blog back then!