CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bad day? Could have been.

It had all the makings of a very bad day.
My sweet little Faith Ember decided that 5:30 was the best time to wake up for breakfast this morning after finally going to sleep after midnight again.
Maverick was awakened at around 6:30 when he heard Daddy getting ready for work.
I had to start getting ready for work by 7:00. There was no more sleeping for a tired mom. I have a hard time maintaining a loving patience when I am exhausted. Sorry kiddos, Mommy does try.
The inevitable sinus headache from the cold front comming our way was beginning to set in.
My stomach hurt.
My heart hurt (still does).
Teya and Kannon were extremely whiny and clingy. They don't feel all that great either.
The house is in desperate need of a major clean up. As usual. I just didn't have the energy to do it. As usual.
I can't seem to shake all this stress that has been weighing me down lately.
And many other small things that I could add to the list.

All the makings of a bad day.
Yet as I sit here, waiting for Ember to settle down and be ready for sleep, after midnight again, I think back on the day and have only pleasant thoughts. How can that be? It felt like it would be impossible to make it to bedtime this afternoon. How can it be? It's because there is a wonderful Lord up there that provided me with the strength and energy I needed and a bit of help from my amazing husband. I don't know verses from the Bible by memory or even where to find them for the most part but, I do know that somewhere in there we are told that if we ask we will receive. I asked and here I am at the end of what could have been a bad day with a smile on my face. Well, not quite on my face, that would take more energy than I have at this point but, it is in my heart. :)
Thank you Neil, my amazing husband, for giving me those last 10 minutes of your lunch hour to just lay down and rest while you took care of the girls. It was more helpful than you can know!
Thank you, Gram for letting us come over and swim and for providing us with dinner.
Thank you Lord, for giving me the strength and energy I needed to get past the tiredness and pain and actually have fun playing with my children.
It could have been a bad day. But, it was a fun afternoon and evening swimming and playing with the kids and spending time with Gram who really needed to spend some time with us instead.
What a wonderful God He is.

4 comments:

Teya said...

I can't wait till we can swim again. I hope we will minimize bad days in the future.

Teya said...

The verse you mentioned is Galatians 2:20:

"Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and the door will be opened unto you."


Something like that.:)

Teya said...

Sorry I was whiny. I will try to be better next time!

Teya said...

have....to swim....sooo soon...must swim....