CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 02, 2006

Never Enough, Never Finished

It's dark now and mostly quiet. A stray cough from the kid's rooms, Monday Night Football, and the dryer (that thing's always running)round out the background music. There are some days, many days, when that list doesn't get shorter... even when you've crossed a lot of items off. There are some days, many days, when I can never help enough, never have enough will, energy, or determination to finish. Or start. Or even come close. Why do I wait until the breaking point to look to the Father for help? Why don't I give him each day from the start? Some days, many days, even when my focus begins heavenward, I try to do it all for Him -by my strength. I need His. Even so, the messes of my many 'flesh days' take time to mop up. Some days, many days, I feel like I'm failing.
- A sensitive, caring wife who pours herself out on our family
- Amazing children who have enough energy to put Exxon Mobil out of business
- A family to lead and serve
- My own disaster of a soul to straighten out
- A Savior to follow
I'm awed into a stupor and thankful beyond measure that Jesus' work is enough. His work is finished. And he has enough left for me.
TSP
Thanks for the invite, Hun. It's a nice change of pace.

2 comments:

From Carlys Eyes said...

Sometimes my heart gets overwhelmed to. You will make it, I promise.

stephanie said...

not posted by stephanie as it says at the bottom....posted by the husband of stephanie