CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Something in the Air

There seems to be something in the air these days. Something that is making so many of us tired and cranky. I know how it is, I am there too. Maybe it's the germs floating around spreading their illnesses and making us all worn down. I have spent the last two weeks not feeling well, the last two days being the worst. I pray that my immune system will win the battle very soon and I will be restored to my normal chipper (?) self. I imagine that my family prays for that day as well!
I feel like listing all the things that have been bugging me but, I already made a post like that recently and I didn't feel any better afterwards. So, instead, here are a few things that make me smile, that I am thankful for.

The rain this morning.

The cool weather supposedly on the way.

The Stars starting the season 2-0.

Kannon dancing around and singing to himself.

Teya getting me some water to help me feel better tonight.

Maverick giving me big hugs all day.

Ember and her big smiles and how she "talks" to me.

Neil taking such good care of the kids while I laid down, feeling yucky.

This wonderful marriage I am in.

This family we have created together.

Gram and Pappy.

My "job". I love the children that I care for and the people I work with.

Pizza, delivered.

NHL center ice...thanks Pappy!

Ice cream.

Chocolate milk.

My Momma. (Yes, I do still actually call her that)

Sunsets.

Swimming.

I could write more but, the baby is crying so, it's time to go.
I pray for all of you out there who have also been feeling tired and cranky as of late.

10 comments:

GramCrackers said...

I am SO excited! I got included on a list along with sunsets and NHL center ice. WOW! And lest anyone think I am making light of this, YOU DON'T KNOW ME! I am feeling the effects of 'something in the air', too, but this has brought a big smile to my face. Thank you!

Joye said...

Great 'thankful' list. I hope you're feeling better today. That precious baby girl would make anyone smile! Being constantly on duty with your young family is a tough place to be; you have a great attitude considering you don't feel well. I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers, Joye.
I might be feeling better today...I haven't decided if I feel better or if I am just not quite so tired. :)

Anonymous said...

oops...that was supposed to say stephanie!

Schweers' Mom said...

Being a mom with little ones is sure hard when you are not running at full speed. I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling better! Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement on my blog. I love this little blogging community. I hope I have the chance to meet you one Sunday!

By the way, I'm an avid cross-stitcher. I actually stitched more when my boys were younger. BUT one of my favorite websites is www.thesilverneedle.com I have ordered some kits from them and have been very pleased with their selection and service. Check them out!

stephanie said...

thanks for the stitching suggestion...i will check it out. :) the project that i am currently working on is from goldenkite.com they have very intricate patterns. i love to cross stitch! :)

it would be fun to meet one of these sundays! maybe we should all get together and do lunch or something one of these days. :)

stephanie said...

gram, of course you are on the list with sunsets and NHL center ice...right where you belong. :)

Joyce said...

Dear Stehpanie,

I wanted to thank you for reading my blog and the encouragment that I have received from blogging. I read one of your earlier blogs and it sounded like you were inside my brain thinking exactly the same things about needing wanting to connect to other CBCers, wanting to help, wanting to encourage so badly during Satan's vicious attack. I will be reading your blog daily--this is such a cool thing. I love it!

Joyce

stephanie said...

thank you Joyce! i enjoy your blog too. this has been such an interesting way to connect with people.

Schweers' Mom said...

Lunch is always good! I have a gazillion cross stitch magazines from subscriptions I had for years. You are always welcome to come and browse!