CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 20, 2006

Thank You, Mom

January 3, 1977 was a snowy day in Salt Lake City. It was also the day that Mom gave birth to her first born daughter, my older sister. Mom says that that day was the worst snowstorm of the year so far. As far as I know, everything went well and my sister was a healthy, beautiful baby girl. She is healthy and beautiful now, anyway. :)

Roughly six weeks later, much to her suprise, my Mother became pregnant again. Six weeks, or so, is not nearly enough time for the body to heal after childbirth. My Mother's doctot told her that it was too soon. He told her that her body would not be able to take it. He told her that it was a risk. He told her that she needed to end the pregnancy.

Mom said absolutely not.

November 20, 1977 was another stormy, snowy day in Salt Lake City. Mom says this day was the worst snowstorm that they had had so far for that winter season. She says the drive to the hospital was pretty scary. This was the day I was born. 10 1/2 months after my sister.

I don't know exactly why my Mom made the decision to go through the pregnancy and have me. I never asked, I think I will. She says she doesn't remember what the pregnancy itself was like, or the delivery. She does tell stories about how hard it was to have two babies that close in age, though.

Thank you, Mom for ignoring the doctors. For taking that risk. For making the decision to let me live. For putting it in God's hands.

I know that I was not the easiest daughter to have. We sure did have some rough times. But, we sure do have a wonderful relationship now. :)

Thank you, Mom that I have a birthday to celebrate today.

Thank you, Lord for a Mom who would make such a hard choice and put herself at risk just to have me. Thank you, Lord, that I have a birthday to celebrate today. Thank you, Lord for this blessed life!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

"Happy Birthday!" I am so glad you are here!

Joyce :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY TOOOOO YOOOOOU!!!!!! God bless you, ATC!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Stephanie's mom. And thank you, Lord, for directing her steps in 1977. What a great testimony to the truth of Psalm 139.

stephanie said...

thank you all. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, glad you are here!

Anonymous said...

I tried posting yesterday and for some reason, lost the comment (and then I gave up!)SOOOOO....Happy Birthday (a little late) to one of my new favorite blogging buddies! Hope you had a truly excellent celebration!

Lori