CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Random Late Night Thoughts

It's late and I have a feeling that it is going to get much later before I am able to get to bed. The baby is sick and is not sleeping well. Actually, not sleeping at all at the moment! Last night I managed about 2 1/2 hours of sleep, hopefully we'll do better tonight.
So, anyway, it's late and I am exhausted. If I sit down and do some mindless TV watching I will fall asleep. I have a feeling that it would not be a good idea to fall asleep and leave the baby awake, and sick, all by herself. So I will sit here and share the random thoughts of a tired Mommy and hope that she gets bored or, miraculously gets better and goes to sleep. And sleeps the rest of the night? No, that's asking too much at this point.

-Once again, just about everyone in our little family has been sick over the last two weeks. It frustrates me that this happens so often and lasts so long.

-Insurance from the Daddy's new job doesn't kick in for about another month. It's not a comfortable feeling, having 4 sick kids and no insurance.

-Wow, is it WINDY tonight! Glad the Husband cut down the dead tree in the backyard this past weekend.

-I really love being a member of my church!

-I feel a bit disconnected from said church lately. Maybe it's because we have missed much of our normal time there over the past couple weeks due to the sickies. Maybe it's because everybody I meet have already been there and known each other for years. Maybe it's because I am a pretty shy/quiet person and I don't really know how to make friends.

-It's pretty sad that a person my age doesn't know how to make friends!

-I find it interesting that everytime I start thinking about giving up the blog somebody tells me that they enjoy reading. Then, I think, maybe I should keep writing?

-We were going to be able to get the foundation on the house fixed in a few weeks. Probably not, now. Disappointed.

-Got to talk to Mamma the other day. Still miss her. I am so very happy for her that she is loving her new business of breeding Persian cats, though. She has even gone international with one of them heading to England!

-Mom turns 50 this year! Little sister is 26 now! Big sister will be 30 in a couple months! Somehow all that makes me feel old. :)

-My birthday is Monday. Hubby's is 9 days later. Wish I could think of something special to do for him. Creative brain cells fled with the rest of them.

-Baby asleep now. Will give her a few minutes to make sure she stays that way before I attempt heading to bed.

-Hurt my hand this weekend. REALLY hurts now. Wonder if something is broken? Think so. Maybe not. Wish I could find out for sure without a no-insurance run to the x-ray machine!

-Can't believe it's the middle of November and the air conditioner was running today. I am really hating the warm weather this year. Mom says "Maybe you should move to Idaho? I hear it's nice there." She lives in Idaho. :) Funny, Mom.

-It is so cute that when you tell Kannon that it is naptime or bedtime he runs to get his juice cup and climbs into the crib to wait for me, or Dad, to tuck him in.

-I was watching early, and I mean early, news when I was up with the baby sometime last week. They had a story about the invention of the year. Youtube.com beat out the cancer (is it cervical cancer or ovarian cancer?) vaccine for invention of the year. That's crazy. The news anchors thought so too.

Okay, I think she will stay asleep long enough for me to lay down for at least a few minutes so, it's time for me to go. Besides, all this typing is killing my hurt hand! Hope everybody out there in the world is staying healthy! Please pray for the baby that she gets better instead of worse. Thank you.

9 comments:

Justin said...

hey,don't be upset...everything will be ok..A few days back my Mom had a slight fever;I was so worried about her..but now she is ok.Thank god!
And hey, I 've got something for you..you can check out this post on hollywood cat movies . I hope u'll like it.

God bless.

stephanie said...

oh! no concerns, i wasn't/am not upset. was just writing random thoughts as they came to me while sitting here last night. was very tired, though.
thanks for your comment!

GramCrackers said...

Girl! You didn't tell me you hurt your hand. Dr. Mom needs to see these things so she can make useless diagnoses. She can also help as needed, silly girl.

stephanie said...

yeah, guess i could have brought it up when you were here last night. silly me, didn't think of complaining to you about it. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you all get to feeling better and rested soon! It just wouldn't be the Holiday's at my house if my kids weren't sick, so I am holding my breath for it hit my family!

I have missed the last few Mothering classes - I won't be there tomorrow night either. I have another meeting. Hopefully I will be able to make it next time!

I hate it when the babies are sick! I will pray for a quick recovery! Take Care!

Tara

Justin said...

Thanks stephanie, for visiting my blog..I'll be posting more cute pics of my pets soon...do keep on checking....

take care
bye.

stephanie said...

thank you all for your prayers! the kids are slowly getting better! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is getting better and YOU are managing to stay well!

Anonymous said...

Hope you got some much needed rest. And that your hand is okay. It IS difficult to be away from your mom when you're raising your family. And being a mommy gets lonely sometimes. Call me, I'd love to come over for coffee or tea on a Wed. or Fri. maybe?