CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 08, 2007

What Was He Thinking?!


I sit down at the computer. The house is quiet. The two little ones are napping and the two bigger ones are outside jumping on the trampoline. Suddenly, the peacefulness is shattered by the screaming cries of kiddo number 2. My heart races as I jump up to run outside expecting to find blood and or broken bones. Kiddo number one gives kiddo number 2 a hug and says she's sorry before beginning to help him climb down from the trampoline. Aside from his screaming, everything seems okay. No blood, no obvious broken bones, no big bumps or bruises forming on his head, he's walking just fine. But, he is holding his mouth and screaming something about a lose tooth.
"What on earth happened here?" I must hollar to be heard over kiddo number 2's screaming.
"Mom! I kept telling him no but, he kept telling me to do it so, finally I did!" was kiddo number 1's cryptic reply.
"What is it that he wanted you to do?" I was completely perplexed.
"Swing at him, punch him in the face." she replied, hanging her head.
Oh my goodness! Why would he want her to do that?! I never did get an answer to that question.
Well, once he was calmed down and assured that he was in no immediate danger of losing any teeth I asked him, "So, do you think it was a good idea to have her punch you?"
"Noooo!!!" was the sniffly answer.

I am sure there was some sort of lesson learned. But, even if there wasn't, it sure did give the mom and dad a big laugh! :)

2 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

very funny post. hope he is ok.

Teya said...

I love the picture! Mav in his black and white shoes is a sure hit! I wrote about the same thing on my blog.