CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What's that smell?

Recently, the husband and I had an interesting conversation sparked by him teasing me about one of things I love to smell the most, new books. I love the smell of a new book! The first thing I do when I get a new book is flip through the pages, inhaling that wonderful new book smell. The husband finds this rather amusing, maybe rightly so.
This got us on the subject of what our favorite smells are. An interesting subject, indeed. I bet you can tell a lot about a person based on the things they like to sniff.
So, here is your chance to learn a little about me based on my top five smells (not necessarily in order).

1. New books (bet you didn't see that one coming)
2. Roses
3. Freshly shampooed baby hair
4. Fresh diapers (the husband finds this one amusing as well)
5. New Crayons (one of my favorite things in the world is coloring with brand new crayons, love the smell that goes along with that)

So, what are your top five smells? :)

8 comments:

Joye said...

Years ago, Mike thought the smell of a dead skunk in the middle of the road was similar to that of brewing coffee!

My top 5: I also looove the smell of a brand new book. Garlic roasting in the oven. That ozoney smell when it rains. Brewing freshly, roasted coffee. Clean sheets.

Are you guys feeling better yet?

stephanie said...

ooh, those are some good ones, miss joye! :)

not everybody is feeling better yet. my guess is that it will be something like next june before we are all well at the same time again. we are doing our best to keep it to simple colds right now. the pink eye seems to be winning that battle, though.

Justin and Michelle said...

I love the smell of

--old books....especially library books. Maybe it's from working in a library for three years.

--coffee shops--again, worked in one for two years

--little babies

--freshly mowed grass

--Christmas...pine trees, apple cinnamon, gingerbread, etc.

stephanie said...

definitely with you on the christmas smells!

GramCrackers said...

Fresh ground coffee
Vanilla
New leather
Sawdust (weird, I know!)
Bread baking

Oh, I could name some more, but you said five, and I always obey the rules! ;-)

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

1.newly turned soil
2.the breeze after a spring rain
3.walking through my kurpark and all of the lavendar and flower scents wafting through the air
4.a fire in the fireplace
5...the list is too long

Teya said...

mine are: the smell after it rains, cinnamon, coffee, good eggs,new books

Teya said...

When I posted that other comment I could not remember the REAL favorite smells. Here are the REAL ones.

....the smell after it rains
....cinnimon
....the smell of the towel after I just got out of the shower and I am drying of(weird)
....sunflower seeds
....ice

Some of them are odd, but they do smell good!:-)