CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Iowa Bound

It is so hard to wrap my mind around the concept of going away for a couple days without the children. Just the husband and me for the weekend. Friday morning we get on the plane and don't return until Sunday afternoon. Did I mention no children? I just can't get my mind around it! Yet, at 11:00 (or so) we will be getting on that airplane and they will be under the supervision of the Gram and the Pappy. Whoa! All I can say is THANK YOU to Gram and Pappy! Thank you for the trip and thank you for keeping the kiddos.
Why Iowa you might ask. To go see a hockey game, of course. :) The husband and I are big Stars fans. The Stars has their minor league team up in Iowa. It is going to be so fun watching the players at that level play! Players that may end up in the NHL and some who have been up and down from the NHL. I am pretty excited to see the game. Games, actually, we have tickets for Friday and Saturday nights. Once again, thank you, Gram and Pappy.
This is a much needed vacation for me. I have been totally overwhelmed since the birth of our youngest child. She is almost 6 months old already and I still haven't figured out how to manage life with 4 children and I am really feeling the effects of all the related stress. So, thank you!
Wow, two whole nights that I don't have to get up with any kids at all. One morning that I can sleep in as late as I want. A whole couple days without dragging children around everywhere I go. All this time to spend with the husband. Lucky me!
I have been worried about the baby and how she will take this. I have been worried about the grandparents and how the kiddos will behave for them. I have been assured by the Gram that they can handle two days of anything and that I really just need to get over my worries. So, this is me getting over it. I will just go and have a good time. I will not call 16 times a day to check on them. Once, or twice is okay, though. Right? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up there! Enjoy the weekend. Those times away are so necessary. Thought you would be interested to know there's a winter storm on it's way through Iowa. Check out www.kcci.com for central Iowa weather/news. Have fun!!! Natalie Hite

GramCrackers said...

I'm sorry, but only emergency calls from Des Moines will be accepted! The munchkins will be FINE! The Gram and Pappy will be FINE!! Go away and have fun! Relax! We will call YOU if necessary! GO STARS!!!

Kathy said...

Gram is right. Emergency calls only!

Enjoy your trip! Gooooo Stars!

Joye said...

Mike's from Iowa. Has family in Des Moines. A couple of days away from the kids will be so good for you, and good for the kids BECAUSE it's good for mommy. Hope you have a great time!

GramCrackers said...

Yep! Munchkins were fine. Gram and Pappy were fine. We missed them by the time y'all were out the door last night. (I really didn't know if the Pappy would let the tiny munchkin leave! He's getting to be as sappy as his son!) Hope the vacation helped.

Joye said...

I hope you're planning to blog about your trip. You've been on my mind since the weekend storm. Hope it all went well. I was praying for all of you, including Gram & Pappy!